JUNE HEALTH FAIR
Take care of your health, and join us!
Sunday, June 9, 8 - 11 a.m.
Aspen Valley Hospital
0401 Castle Creek Road, Aspen, CO
Blood draw, plus FREE health screenings and information stations
Visit www.aspenvalleyhospital.org/health-fairs to book your blood draw appointment (starting May 1). Bookings end 6:00 PM the day before the fair (6/8).
FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS
- Air Flow & Oximetry
- Back Screenings with Dr. Stanley Gertzbein, OrthoAspen
- Blood Pressure
- Dental and Oral Cancer Screenings
- Height, Weight & Body Mass Index
- Orthopedic Exams with OrthoAspen's Dan Greene, PA-C
- Skin Exams
- Vision Screening
- After-Hours Medical Care
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Aspen Strong & Mental Health
- Diabetes and Nutrition Education
- HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley
- Midvalley Surgery Center
- Relaxation Station
- Snowmass Medical Center
- Traumatic Brain Injury Program
- Wellness Programs at Aspen Valley Hospital
- Whitcomb Terrace Assisted Living
LAB TESTS OFFERED
- Health Fair Profile - $65
The Health Fair Profile tests 32 metabolic functions: blood sugar; lipids including cholesterol/triglycerides/HDL/LDL; kidney and liver function; complete blood count; thyroid stimulating hormone, and more. Fasting for at least 12 hours with the exception of water is recommended. Diabetics should contact their physician for instructions.
- Cardio CRP - $35
Cardio CRP tests elevated levels of C-reactive protein that can indicate vascular inflammation.
- Hemoglobin A1c - $30 -- NEW for 2019!
Provides an average blood glucose level over the past 4 months and is non-fasting screening. It is recommended for anyone with diabetes or a family history of diabetes.
- PSA - $35
PSA tests are recommended annually for men 50 years of age and older. A baseline test is recommended for men 40 years of age and earlier with family history of prostate cancer or prostate issues.
- Vitamin D - $45
The Vitamin D test measures concise levels of D2 (nutritional absorption), D3 (sunshine absorption) and total amount of vitamin D to define, sufficient, insufficient or deficient levels.
- Colorectal cancer screening kit - $25
The InSure Fit Colon screening kit is a take-home kit that measures hemoglobin which does not react with non-human hemoglobin, vitamins, drugs or issues from food. There is no special diet required. This test is completed at home, not at the health fair.
PLEASE BOOK APPOINTMENT ONLINE
We offer (and encourage) booking online appointments. Registration starts Monday, May 1, 2019. Visit www.aspenvalleyhospital.org/health-fairs to sign up!
FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS
The Health Fair on June 9 will offer additional health screenings at no cost. Please check our website at www.aspenvalleyhospital.org/health-fairs for any changes to this list of screenings.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- For blood draws, walk-ins are always welcome, but appointments are preferred. Sign up online starting Monday, May 1, 2019.
- For blood draws, PLEASE MAKE YOUR PAYMENT IN CASH OR CHECK ONLY at the event.
There is an ATM at Aspen Valley Hospital.
- To ensure you have access to the free screenings that you need on Sunday, June 9, please arrive at least one hour before the fair closes.
- Spanish-speaking phlebotomists and Spanish language materials will be available.
- You will receive a printed booklet with your results approximately three weeks following the fair. The booklet will be mailed to you at the address you provide when registering.
- You have the option to upload your results to the Quality Health Network, so you can retrieve your results electronically approximately one week following the fair. This also allows your physician to easily access results online. Choose this option when registering for your appointment, or when registering in-person at the fair.