A celebration of life is planned today at the Eagles Club starting at 5:30 p.m. for local resident Don Strieker.
A judge has ruled that an Aspen resident who is suing the city in an effort to force a public vote on a new government office building has standing and her case can proceed.
Loose sparks from the torch of a welder working on the Castle Creek Bridge project ignited a small fire beneath the bridge on Wednesday. The fire was quickly extinguished but serves as a reminder of the area's high fire danger.
A local homeless man who was wearing nothing but boxer shorts when a sheriff’s deputy pulled him over last month was advised Monday that he faces a felony for his alleged seventh DUI-related offense.
A former developer of Base Village, multiple related entities, two banks and other businesses are accused of racketeering and fraud over the handling of two metropolitan districts related to the massive project.
The last Aspen Mountain Master Plan was accepted by the Forest Service in 1997, and included both the Pandora and snowmaking expansions. That 20-year-old plan also envisioned replacing the Bell Mountain and Gent’s Ridge lifts with modern, high-speed equipment.
A proposed Roaring Fork Valley Housing Authority (RFVRHA) has taken a big organizational step by selecting two Front Range companies to jointly conduct a needs assessment that will, upon completion, serve as a foundation for the group’s future existence.
- Injured climber rescued from Snowmass Mountain
- Is the ABC off-limits to retail cannabis?
- Protest of border separations planned today in Aspen
- Lake Christine Fire update: All evacuation orders downgraded
- Castle Creek Bridge project restart moved after Labor Day
- Weiser wants to take on Big Pharma over opioid crisis
- Ducks may race in untraditional Derby
- Lake Christine Fire holds steady on Monday
The Daily Newsletters
- Trump says in interview he told Putin that US won't tolerate election interference: 'I let him know we can't have this'
- The Nation's Weather
- The Latest: Senators aim to force vote on Russia resolution
- Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- Auto industry cries foul as Trump moves toward car tariffs
- Fire suspect hires former Boulder DA
- El Jebel fire suspects turn themselves in
- Pitkin County officials warn of continued fire risk
- Northern steep section is where Lake Christine Fire is burning
- Ammunition among the fuels that gave boost to Tree Farm Road fire
- Utility flies in infrastructure amid 54 percent containment of Lake Christine fire
- Defeating the inferno
- Move to change Aspen election date stirs controversy
- Fire at nearly 7,000 acres with 55 percent containment
- ‘James Gang’ are straight Snowmass shooters