A car race in Snowmass Village will result in periodic road closures on Sunday and Monday, according to an announcement from the town.
The Aspen Snowmass Vintage Car Race, which is expected to bring classic Corvettes, BMWs, Mustangs, Porsches and formula race cars from the 1960s and 1970s to Snowmass, will impact upper Brush Creek Road and Carriage Way roads on those days.
“Approximately 60 to 70 drivers will compete in the exhibition, with several 20- to 30-minute group race sessions in a 1.3-mile loop on upper Brush Creek Road and Carriage Way on both days,” according to a press release. “During the race heats, the road will close to general traffic. After each race, the road will open for approximately 20 minutes in a one-way configuration.”
There will be designated areas to watch the race action.
The Aspen Snowmass Vintage Car Race schedule, for both Sunday and Monday, is as follows:
- 6 a.m.: Snowmass Mall bus depot closes. RFTA and Village Shuttle buses will be operating out of the Base Village Transit Center. Transit details are available at www.snowmasstransit.com.
- 6 a.m.: Skittles lift (Sky Cab gondola) opens. The lift will open early for additional operations and to help spectators and commuters connect from the Snowmass Mall to Base Village.
- 7 a.m.: Additional park-and-ride service begins. The Village Shuttle will offer 10-minute park-and-ride shuttle service from Town Park Station.
- 7 a.m.: Race course set up begins. Upper Brush Creek Road, upper Carriage Way, and Wood Road Bridge will become one-way only.
- 9 a.m.: Races begin. Roads will be closed for 20- to 30-minute race intervals. They will be opened, one-way only, for 10 to 15 minutes between races.
- 9:20 a.m.: Upper Brush Creek Road Village Shuttle service begins, offering special service to Creekside, the Divide, the Mall, and Stonebridge once the closures begin. Pick-up and staging will be in the Snowmass Center near the Conoco gas station.
- 5 p.m.: Races conclude, and staff will begin opening roads and clearing the course.
- School bus pick-up and drop-off locations will remain the same Monday. The morning school buses are expected to run on time, though the afternoon school bus may be slightly delayed in the upper Brush Creek Road neighborhoods, according to the announcement.
For additional details, spectator locations, and maps, go to www.tosv.com/RMVR.