Advertising Sales Representative
PaperBag Media is hiring for our Community Newspaper network. The position, based out of the Aspen office, is an entry level Advertising Sales Representative. We’re looking for the right candidate who understands the Aspen Community and wants to assist local businesses by ethically utilizing our multi-media network. Secure housing, highly organized, and a mind for executing clients' needs are requirements, experience in media sales would be a plus. You will be building and nurturing relationships that we value tremendously so we are seeking a career-minded candidate. Essential job duties and responsibilities; Maintain and nurture existing clients, acquire new clients, lead with a creative marketing approach, and understand the "Aspen Way" that balances work and fun! Email your resume to email@example.com
The Aspen Daily News seeks a seasoned reporter to cover the criminal and civil justice systems in Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley. General assignment reporting on other public affairs beats, as well as feature writing and editing skills, are also required.
Top candidates for this job will thrive on covering a beat where the subject matter is often difficult and sources can be reluctant. They will relish the challenge of uncovering and telling the community’s most impactful stories. They will build trust with a wide spectrum of sources through diligence and accuracy, motivated by a competitive and deadline-driven Aspen media environment. They will be a passionate practitioner of journalism, striving for fairness and accountability in everything they do.
• Report quickly, clearly and accurately on the cops and courts beat in Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley;
• Coverage of breaking news;
• Conceive of, report and write investigative stories, as well as enterprise stories demonstrating a capacity for news analysis;
• General assignment reporting on other beats including but not limited to business, local politics and elections, arts and outdoor recreation;
• Ability to shoot and edit digital photography;
• Post breaking news, update website and social media channels as needed;
•Assist editor with story priorities and direction.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism, communications, a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• A minimum of five years of experience in a newsroom;
• Strong organizational skills, planning days and weeks in advance for upcoming stories and managing multiple ongoing deadlines;
• Creative generator of story ideas;
• Thorough command of AP style and strong copy editing skills, turning in copy that is publication ready;
• Comfortable in stressful situations and a fast-paced environment;
• Understanding of First Amendment and open records laws and a proven ability to navigate public documents;
• Strong team player who can collaborate with others on important stories;
• Able to work some nights, weekends and occasional holidays, as needed by the news cycle.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and at least five samples of published work to Editor Curtis Wackerle, firstname.lastname@example.org.